Taipei Municipal Zhongshan Elementary School opened in 1934. At present, there are approximately 1200 children on roll. We have 58 classes, 7 classes for children with special educational needs, 4 resource classes, and 3 gifted classes. We provide modern learning environment with 4 computer labs and 3 e-classrooms. All the classrooms are equipt with projecters, and some with IWB (Interactive WhiteBoard). Zhongshan is located at the convenient corner with a MRT station right in front of the school.
Class teachers are responsible for the children’s welfare and delivery of the curriculum. Work is planned jointly in Year Teams. During planning, Year Teams share the preparation of work, drawing on different experiences, knowledge and expertise to ensure work meet the needs of the children. We utilise the strengths of staff and enhance the quality of learning and teaching here.
- We have 64 main stream classes, including 4classes for talented students in sports.
- We have 7 self-content special education classes for students with special educational needs. There are 2 homeroom teachers teaching in each class. In 2010, the program, “We were all friends”, was awarded the Golden prize of Excellent Teacher Awards
- Resource Class commenced in 1999, which provided supplemental teaching and counseling for students with special educational needs in mainstream class. Resource classes extended from 3classes to 4classes in 2011, and the number of teachers increased to 8.
- Gifted class commenced in 1973 and extended to 3 classes by now.
- We have 4 classes in kindergarten now and expect more students will come, hopefully, next year.
- We also provide evening class service to help the elders and immigrants to learn Chinese, math, and ICT to cope with affairs in their daily life.